Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Meanie Boss

I've always struggled with time management and with accepting "good enough" instead of "as good as I can do".
I have to tell you, though, my boss is tough, and this week she's demanding that two or three tasks get done to the "as good as I can do" standard while the rest fall into the "good enough" category. She's also really hard to shine on, because she fricken lives in my head! 
So...this blog goes out "good enough" without a photo this week. It's a technology problem and I'm still plugging away on an interim solution. 
Tie-dyes and fairy wings continue to be a blast, and I've already worn out a set of tie-dye gloves! Soon, I'll be ordering fancy hemostats and moving up in the brightly colored striated world of tie-dye. Watch out world!
Yesterday, the business was able to pay the fee to vend at November's Public Market! After taxes, it was a bit over $300 and I'm really excited and proud that we were able to make that happen. Yay!!! We couldn't have done it without the support of enthusiastic customers and friends. Just as with my writing, YOU make the endeavor joyous. Thank you!!!
So, the next goal is to see if we can earn enough money between now and early December to pay off my investor (thank you Mom!) and buy a new computer. 
I'm not going to promise much writing progress between now and then, but once I get a new computer, the tie-dye and fairy wing activity will need to move into lower gear for awhile so that I can write Book 3. I know, I know. I've been saying I'd finish it before the end of 2016, but that doesn't look like a reasonable or achievable goal right now, alas. Still, I'm hoping it won't be much of a delay, because I know a bunch of you are chomping at the bit to find out what Vivian, Norm, L.J, Teak, and Daisy are up to. I'm chomping at the bit, myself! 
The other two pieces of news this week are that the price of my shirts has gone up to $15 each (let me know if money is tight for you and you'd like to work out a barter deal), and the price of shipping wings has changed. The wing story is too long to tell in full right now. Suffice it to say that I discovered mailing a full sized set of wings to Virginia the way I wanted would've cost $50-$75 and that's bonkers. So, henceforth, small wings will be mailed flat, and midsize and large wings will be gently and tenderly folded to fit into the largest priority flat-rate box available, and mailed for a flat fee of $18.75. It was a hard place to come to, but sooner or later I had to face reality. Tears were shed, but I faced reality. Yes, I cried while folding the wings up. I'll let you know how they look when they arrive and get unfolded. 
Okay, one last tidbit: this Friday (8/5/16) is our last trip of the summer down to the JACC for the weekly Block Party. We'll continue to vend each Second Saturday at the Airport Mall, and we're also hoping to attend other craft fairs and events this fall and winter. 
That's all the news from Marcy-land for now, folks! Have a glorious weekend and a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment