Thursday, May 26, 2016

Heat Guns, and Tie-Dyes, and PayPal, Oh My!



I know you won’t be surprised to hear that what Dale refers to as my “one woman sweat shop” has been going full speed ahead this week. Yes, I am continuing to create fairy wings, lickety-split, one pair just right after the other. I’ll include photos of some of them below. Not all of them. One pair, in particular, I’m not going to show you until their recipient sees them. They are quite amazing, though. Even if I am saying it myself.  I’m looking forward to sharing a picture of them with you. Maybe next week. If not, probably the week after.
In addition to fairy wing creation, I received a wonderful email this week, from a local Juneau reader who shared how much she’s enjoying my books, and who ordered a whole pan of lemon bars! There are very few things that make me as happy as hearing that someone is enjoying my writing. I experience this odd, but delightful mix of feeling delighted and a bit shy about the praise. Then, I go bouncing around the house, thinking of stories and shaking fairy dust on everything. ;)
Did I mention that I’ve received my first order for a set of custom wings? Indeed. I’ll probably start them first thing tomorrow morning, so when you read this post in your email, you can visualize me playing with my brand new heat gun (watch out world, I’m ready to melt everything that comes my way!) and lining up the sparkly hot glue sticks. Last, but not least, a good internet friend decided to buy one of my newest sets of wings. Yay!!! I do believe her daughter is going to love them!
I did my first batch of tie-dyes this week, in a long time. I can’t believe it’s been over ten years since I did this. It certainly doesn’t feel that long. Here’s the best of the batch, a t-shirt I made for my dad.

Soon, I’m going to acquire more shirts for dying and I’ll offer those for sale, as well. Stay tuned for more details on that.
I’m working on setting up an Etsy store, but have run into some tech problems. I have a plan, but it may take a week or so for me to implement it. On the other hand, I am now, officially, a PayPal seller. This means that if you want to order an enscribed copy of my paperback books, a magic wand, fairy wings, or a soon to be tie-dye, we can conduct our business over the internet. I can email you an invoice and, even if you don’t have a PayPal account yourself, you can pay me, via credit or debit card. Shoot, I could even mail you some authentic Alaskan liquid sunshine! Alright, on that note, I’ll reel in my silliness.
As always, thank you for reading, and thank you for your support. Happy Friday and I hope you have a terrific holiday weekend!

Dandelion
Wingspan 20"
$15

Pixie
Wingspan 20"
SOLD

Klondike Pond
Wingspan 23"
$25

Iris
Wingspan 26"
$40

Stellar's Jay
Wingspan 20"
$25

No comments:

Post a Comment