Monday, May 20, 2013

Secret Dangers Of Being An Author:


Just over a week ago, I launched my debut novel, Magic All Around for Mother’s Day and a week ago today, I hosted a Twitter launch party.  What a blast!  The Twitter party was fabulous, exciting and fun to the point that I’m trying to figure out how to have all my parties on Twitter from now on!  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I am hugely lucky to have met so many kindred spirits and fantastic pals on Twitter and through blogging.  Wow.  Thank you, folks for all of your support.

Since then, it’s been a rip roarin’ week.  I wrote my first press release and have been diligently finding places to submit it.  Did you know that there are press release distribution services all over the internet?  So, I hooked up with a few places that have a free listing option.  I also designed bookmarks for Magic All Around which I’ve sent to the printer, posted the novel at Indie Book Lounge (if you like to read indie, you should check it out http://www.indiebooklounge.com/ebooks/Fantasy/3), had fun learning about postal services in Europe, updated this, entered that, created such-and-so and signed up for Good Reads.  Whew!  Every step of the way, I’ve learned new skills and experienced firsts.  Every step of the way, I’ve also gotten feedback, help, support and encouragement not only from my family and friends, but from all of the wonderful people that I’ve met through the internet.  And here, I need to issue a warning.  If you are a brand new author, get excited easily and have an amazing network of supporters, BEWARE!  You may get that floaty feeling.  You may find yourself grinning and drifting up, up towards the ceiling.  You may, in fact, end up with a bruised noggin from spending too much time floating around up there and repeatedly knocking your supposedly hard head against ceiling.  Wear a helmet during the first week after publication.  That’s what I recommend!
May you all have a fabulous day filled with perfect moments!
 
P.S. Speaking of firsts, Magic All Around has its first review on Amazon! *thumps head against ceiling*  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQQH9EG
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment