Today someone did something really crappy and hurtful. I stumbled on the news while bopping my way around Twitter and immediately said cuss words and teared-up in sympathy.
This kind of stuff happens, somewhere on this splendid blue-green sphere most days. I don’t like it. I makes me angry and horribly sad, but if I get stuck in those emotions or the thoughts that accompany them, I cannot be happy. I’m sure that today’s events in Boston will make for a very busy news day. I will not be watching or reading that news, not because I don’t care, but because I care deeply and I want to make my little corner of the universe safer, happier and better. Immersing myself in these stories does not bring out the best in me, it sours everything I do and touch and often immobilizes me.
So, today, I will do what I try to do every single day. I recognize that there is hate, violence and suffering out there, I recognize that I am just one person with a limited reach and I focus on the positive things that I experience and the good that I can sow. I must stay focused. I must stay positive. I must collect perfect moments.
If you’re wired like I am, I hope you’ll enjoy today’s positive post and perhaps even share a perfect moment in the comments!
- My relaxing interlude in the sunshine generated lots of creative energy and I began planning my Twitter Launch Party for Magic All Around! Whoopee! I’m excited and having a blast (and perfect moments) planning games and prizes. You should know, this launch party will have fantabulous prizes! I’m going to procure high quality, professionally vac-packed Alaskan salmon to give away. Yup! Also, I think we’ll need some Yummy Chummies (salmon dog jerky made locally) and other cool stuff! As I gather prizes, I’ll send some photos out to whet your appetite!
- Over the weekend, I got a record number of visits to my blog (over a hundred hits!) and a bunch of you read the first chapter of Magic All Around. If that’s not an ENORMOUS PERFECT MOMENT for a newbie author, I don’t know what is. Seriously, thank you for reading and for all of your feedback. I’m over the moon to be sharing my words.
- Finally, I’ve had a few perfect moments of happy anticipation as I look forward to seeing Arlo Guthrie live in concert in a couple weeks. For a folk-music loving, hippy-dippy gal like me, it’s a very big deal!
- If you haven’t already heard, I published my short memoir Head Buckets & Hashtags earlier this month. The link below will take you straight to my author page at Amazon.
- My fantasy novel, Magic All Around will be released on Amazon Kindle on Mother’s Day (5/12/13)! You can read the entire first chapter of Magic All Around right here: http://mpeska.blogspot.com/2013/04/welcome-to-my-imagination.html?m=1
- YOU are invited to my Twitter Launch Party for Magic All Around on Monday, May 13th from noon-2p.m. AKST (4-6pm Eastern). Please let me know if you need help sorting out the time zones! We’ll be using the hashtag #magicallaround